We are a 65-strong innovative niche British B2B software company with customers around the world. We are holders of a Queen’s Award for Enterprise award in recognition of our substantial growth in overseas sales over a six-year period. Our well-established email signature processing technology is used on-premises by tens of thousands of companies and an estimated 50 million end-users. The newer cloud-hosted (and Office 365 integrated) version of our product is expanding rapidly (45% growth in number of end-users in the last five months) and processes well over a billion emails a year. Our customers route all of their outgoing Exchange/Office 365 emails via the Exclaimer software/platform, so reliability and performance of the technology are critical to the company. We take security seriously and are ISO 27001 accredited.
We are looking for Support Engineers to join our expanding Tier 1 team. The Support Engineer will work closely with global external customers and the Tier 2 Support and Product/Design teams to proactively reduce the reasons for customers needing to contact Support as well as to handle Support queries in the most efficient and effective way. The Support Engineers will need to cover shifts between 0600 and 2200 (these can be fixed late or early shifts).
Responsibilities and activities:
- Identify the common reasons why customers contact Support and create solutions with the Product and Design teams to make the product easier to use
- Propose subjects for additional knowledge base articles to assist customers
- Triage Support calls, answer as many as possible directly and refer the more difficult cases to Tier 2 with full information
- Monitor live chat and coach the customer through support issues
- Assist customers with basic configuration and set up
- Record videos in multiple languages to demonstrate common processes and set-up issues
- 1+ year’s experience in a front-line customer support role
- Knowledge of email, Outlook and Office 365 from a support/trouble-shooting perspective
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Team player, self-motivated, able to plan and prioritise effectively
- Ability to build effective relationships with other stakeholders inside and outside the Support Team, demonstrating active listening skills and producing true collaboration
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities and deliver to deadlines
- A track record of honesty in customer communications when things don't go as planned
- Ability to express technical issues to non-technical business stakeholders
Other Desirable skills:
- Experience in a company producing cloud-based products
In addition, you should live less than an hour’s commuting time from Farnborough in Hants. The office is at the south end of Farnborough, a few minutes’ walk from one of the town’s best sandwich shops.
Most people who work here live less than an hour’s commuting time from the office. We have a few people who walk to work and some who come on the train, but there is also plenty of nearby parking for those who come by car.
More about our products
Our main products relate to email signature management. In part, they allow customers to create on-brand, visually-appealing, dynamic email signatures much more easily (and reliably) than with, eg, the native Microsoft tools. Just as importantly, they ensure the right signature is added to every email sent by an organisation (including emails sent from phones and webmail, where the signature has to be added “in flight”), so that a company can control contact information, legal disclaimers, marketing campaigns, per-region branding and so on. Exclaimer products are used by a wide range of customers: from small companies with a handful of employees, right up to large corporations with 40-50,000 email accounts. (There are also some “high profile” clients in the world of media and politics.) Customer satisfaction is high (75% net promotor score on a recent survey) and we still have scope to grow the business quite significantly.
This is an exciting opening for the right individual to work in a successful, energetic and challenging environment. You will leverage your existing skills to the full and be given plenty of opportunities to grow new ones.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.