Are you looking for technical freedom?
Do you want to work with the latest technology?
Are you looking for technology focused career progression?
Exclaimer is an award-winning global independent software vendor. We are the leading provider of email signatures for Microsoft Exchange, Outlook and Office 365. We have impressive growth rates and ambitious expansion plans over the next 3 years so now is an exciting time to join our development team.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and inquisitive Software Developer to join an existing scrum team within Product Development in the UK office. Working on our Exclaimer Cloud SaaS product, this purely technical role provides the autonomy to expand your technical experience and influence the technologies used to create Exclaimer's products.
What makes us a great place to work? At Exclaimer we actively encourage our development team to take time out to learn new technologies and attend events. We do this by giving you a full company-funded week, every 12 weeks, to focus purely on your own development. We provide subscriptions to Pluralsight and encourage you to explore new ideas and pursue your own personal development goals.
Working inside a full scrum process, in one of three scrum teams supported by a dedicated product owner and independent scrum master, you will be freed to focus on product development without unnecessary distractions. External training and certification to become a certified scrum master will be provided as part of your on-boarding experience.
- Design and develop software for the end-to-end testing lifecycle, including tools, frameworks and automated tests
- Work collaboratively in a close-knit scrum team to produce solutions that you can be proud of
- Create clean, efficient and testable code, in line with company coding standards
- Responsible as a member of the scrum team for the full pipeline from code to production
- Improving test methodology and range of testing performed
- Strategic contribution to improving team and product performance, and overall system architecture
- Actively seek to improve the performance, code quality and architecture of the solution
- Continuously driving improvement within yourself and the team by putting forward improvements to technology stack and processes
- Support the propagation of knowledge and skills through the development team
- Active participation in, and contributing to, all scrum ceremonies to help shape the direction of the product with our dedicated Product Owner
Skills & Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics (or similar) or equivalent experience
- C# / .Net / .Net Core with 3+ years’ experience on back end services
- Clear verbal communicator with the ability to effectively participate in team discussions and brainstorming sessions
- Creating automated test frameworks for Behaviour Driven tests using SpecFlow for:
- Frontend using Selenium and WebDriver
- Backend Service (via RESTful APIs and Queues)
- Creating test cases for new and existing functionality
- Deploying and managing test environments
- Working knowledge of performance test tools (such as JMeter, WebSurge or Locust)
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment, using techniques such as TDD, BDD, CI/CD
- Experience role modelling effective Scrum behaviours during ceremonies (stand ups, sprint planning/review and retrospectives), such as open communication, trust, active listening and providing continuous constructive feedback
- Experience working in a high-pace development environment
- QA background
- Scripting using PowerShell and Bash
- Unit Testing Frameworks (such as Moq, NUint)
- Experience creating Infrastructure as code (such as Terraform / ARM Templates)
- Performing security and penetration testing
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Azure DevOps
- Experience creating bespoke test tools (Performance, Load and Error cases)
If you have any questions, please contact us here.