Reporting to: Head of Financial Reporting, Data & Analysis
Exclaimer is a global SaaS business with over 140 employees worldwide. With headquarters in the UK, and with regional offices in the U.S. and the Netherlands, we all work towards one goal - providing the best email signature management solutions in the world.
Our email solutions enable organizations globally, of any size, to achieve brand consistency, legal compliance, and customer engagement on any device. Our solutions for Microsoft 365, G Suite, and Microsoft Exchange are used by over 40,000 companies worldwide in 150+ countries.
We are looking for someone who is strong in Data analytics and has a good understanding of finance. It is a great role for someone either coming from a finance background with really strong analytical and MI production skills or alternatively a Data Analyst with a good grasp of finance.
The role will form part of the Data & Finance Team and will support the Head of FPD&A in establishing a robust reporting framework. This will be achieved by ensuring the reporting used within the business for key decision making is readily available and relevant and that the data underpinning the reporting is comparable and stands up to scrutiny.
Role summary – The purpose of the role is to support the Head of FPD&A in preparation of reports and carrying out analysis for key stakeholders. This will incorporate developing a deep understanding of the data driving the reporting by ensuring the accuracy of the data and implementing improvements to either the data or the processes driving the data where required. The key focus area will be around data which impacts sales and finance reporting.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Working with dashboards/visualisations and developing an understanding of the logic which underpins these and ensuring these are fully documented.
- Developing financial models/automated reporting tools that help with decision-making and drive efficiencies in financial reporting.
- Data reconciliation, data extraction and data interrogation to ensure the data from source systems is accurate, comparable and fit for purpose.
- Produce regular reports which include key metrics, trends and variance reporting for sales results to understand the drivers and reason for movements.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to produce reporting and analysis answering key business questions - there are a number of initiatives in the business at the moment.
- Work with the Development team to ensure progress and improvements to data and systems are implemented.
- Working with Data team to ensure correct reports produced for month end purposes.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Consideration of new accounting system – how sales data interacts with any new system is a key consideration before implementation.
- Provide holiday cover for Data & Analytics Manager as required.
Successful applicant will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced SQL ability.
- Offer experience working in a SaaS environment to understand process and procedures including an appreciation of ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue).
- Show an understanding of key accounting areas affecting sales reporting – e.g. revenue recognition.
- Show an understanding of sales processes and impact on systems and data integrity.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Excel and financial modelling
- Provide attention to accuracy and detail and must be prepared to be hands on.
- Display excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Show previous experience in Saleforce, Power BI or Tableau but this is not essential. Key data system is Alpha which is developed in house.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.