Your new company
Exclaimer is the global leader in business email signature management solutions. We provide multi-award-winning email signature solutions to over 75 million users worldwide, applying tens of millions of email signatures daily.
We are looking for enthusiastic DevOps Engineers to join the team responsible for the flagship Exclaimer Cloud SaaS solution, utilizing the latest technologies to help expand the product’s functionality and evolve the technical platform.
Working within the DevOps team, you are given control of the CICD process and ownership of the cloud platform, while working in tandem with the Development teams to build, improve and deploy the solution. You will be given the freedom and flexibility to explore and implement new technologies and tools to help your team thrive.
Inside our technology focused culture, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities, while expanding your knowledge and skill set in a supportive environment.
You will be encouraged to expand your knowledge, through access to training, encouragement to attend events and every six sprints you get a week of company time to cut loose and explore new areas of technology.
If this sounds like the place for you, come and join us at Exclaimer and play your part in the latest chapter of our 21-year history.
Your new role
Delivering key outputs:
- Key DevOps tasks to enable the development teams to complete their sprint goals are performed in a timely manner
- Versioned artifacts are deployed into production
- Improvements to the CICD process completed in accordance with defined acceptance criteria
- Up-to-date, accurate and useful documentation
- Proactive participation in the Scrum process including:
- Active participation in, and contribution to, all DevOps scrum ceremonies to help create and evolve the CICD process with the DevOps Product Owner
- Involvement in the development scrum ceremonies to help shape the direction of the product with our dedicated Product Owner
- Help the teams evolve their working practices, while supporting other team members
- Ensuring Exclaimer Cloud meets its SLOs:
- Deployments are carried out safely and in a controlled manner
- SLIs are identified monitoring setup for them
- Monitoring tools are observed to spot outliers and solutions to the problems identified
- Ability to work within the 24/7 on-call rota to respond to incidents outside of core hours
- Working with the latest technologies:
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Microservices
- Microsoft Azure (Storage, AKS, SQL, Service Fabric, VMs, Functions and more)
- Visual Studio 2019, Palo Alto Prisma, Azure DevOps, Datadog and Git
What you'll need to succeed
To flourish as a DevOps Engineer at Exclaimer you will have:
- An ability to spot problems before they happen and identify potential solutions
- Be willing and able to move into new areas and understand new technologies.
- The urge to always improve things and never stand still
- A desire to work closely with dev teams in order to deliver key benefits and functionality to customers
- Sound knowledge of development and technical principles, methodologies and values
- The ability to explain concepts and ideas, articulate an intended design and be able to communicate the pros and cons of a given solution
How we help you to succeed
To help the DevOps team succeed at Exclaimer we:
- Work in a small, focused DevOps scrum team, with dedicated scrum master and product owner
- Have a flat team structure and reduced meeting overheads and allow you to focus on the technical aspects of the role
- Provide access to training through online training providers, in-person training courses, and attendance at events, including taking part in Microsoft hacks.
- Every 12 weeks you get a week of company time to learn new skills and explore new technologies
- Give you access to industry leading tooling and a platform for you to suggest and adopt new technologies and tools
- Providing flexible working arrangements to suit your needs. Typically, this means you are in the office 1-2 days per week for team collaboration, and free to work remotely or in the office the rest of the time
Your Skills & Experience
- BSc in Computing, IT (or similar) or equivalent experience
- Scripting using PowerShell or Bash
- Experience creating and maintaining YAML/JSON configuration
- 3+ years of experience working with Azure/AWS/Google Cloud compute resources
- Working with, and monitoring, 24/7 software systems
- Experience with automation software (Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Octopus, Ansible or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of rapid deployment of functionality developed using CI/CD.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or C#
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment (or closely with Dev teams who do)
- Full lifecycle experience, from technical design to deployment to production systems
- Experience working with highly available mission critical software at web scale
- Azure DevOps
- Monitoring Software (Datadog, Dynatrace, Grafana, LogicMonitor etc.)
- Windows Server
- IIS/Nginx web services
- Source control using Git
If you have any questions, please contact us here.