Top 10 Email Signature Design Tips
Email signature design is a fine art that can be trickier than it first appears. Customers, vendors and associates will undoubtedly judge your company by not only the content of the email, but also the design of the email signature. Without a well-designed email signature, you might as well be sending recipients scrunched up pieces of paper!
Master email signature design by using our Top 10 tips for designing the perfect corporate email signature.
- Minimal contact details, with some social media and web links, can support strong, imposing branding but also accentuate the hygiene of a minimalist design.
- Use stronger branding for contacts who still have the opportunity to forget about your brand and weaker branding for established clients who know your brand well.
- Vary your branding according to the sender’s department i.e. give customer services one type of email signature and the sales team another.
- Centrally manage email branding so you can easily amend and refresh email signature designs across your entire organization. This also means you avoid inconsistency.
- Think of where your email is going – something dynamic on a matte leaflet can look unpleasant on a backlit monitor.
- Scale email signature designs so they resize to fit a viewing window. Good visible image sizes vary with the client or device used to read them.
- Restrict background colors to the contact detail section of your signature. Too much color in your email signature design will detract from your overall message.
- Coding HTML in a signature requires a lot of expertise. Using something like a dedicated email signature solution will let you control the signature design through a content editor, placing and manipulating elements like you would in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
- Email signatures are better without video and animation in the design can create clutter. Making a signature interesting on its own merits is far more effective than using content just for the sake of it.
- Underwhelming signature designs can be as detrimental as oversaturating. Always consider the context and the related business needs to create email signatures that impress any reader, in any situation.
For more details on creating the perfect email signature, view our 17 Email Signature DOs and DON’Ts.
Why use Exclaimer email signature software/services?
Exclaimer provides multi award-winning email signature software and services that let you design professional signatures for all email sent from any device, including smartphones and tablets.
Exclaimer email signature solutions allow you to:
- Create attractive email signature designs with graphics and text.
- Make sure everyone uses the same signature design in your company, with an appropriate legal disclaimer.
- Add social media links highlighting your latest update.
- Update employee details at the click of a button.
- Add promotional banners to support your marketing campaigns like a sales promotions or an event you are attending.
Email signature design should not be left at the whim of any end user and having central control ensures that there is no more dealing with individual desktops and no more worries about what employees are putting in their signature.
How Exclaimer Can Help:
If you're looking for an easy way to design and manage professional email signatures across your whole organization, we're here to help. Find out more or start your free trial today!
Learn More Start your Free Trial