Top 10 Christmas Signature Tips
Do you want to tell your customers when you are going to be open over Christmas? Showcase a holiday promotion? Announce some festive news? Then, add a Christmas signature to all corporate email.
Email signatures are a valuable marketing tool during the holidays, so we’ve compiled some top tips to get the most out of this channel during the festive season. Of course, these tips are also useful for other seasonal occasions like Easter, so you can use them as and when you need to.
- Distribute a standard Christmas signature to all staff members and ensure they use it. Remember, your email signature is as important to your company as all of your other corporate branding.
- Update any marketing promotional banners with seasonal offers. When the holiday season is over and your promos have finished, make sure you are no longer using a Christmas themed banner. It sounds like common sense, but you’d be surprised how many companies don’t update their signatures until well into the year.
- Write a regular stream of seasonal social media content that is showcased in your Christmas email signature such as a latest Tweet or blog article.
- Ensure the email signature template works on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Test the design thoroughly before deploying it.
- Create a different internal email signature design that's less detailed than your standard Christmas signature. Consider using different contact details like the user’s internal extension number and location in the office building if you work for a large organization.
- Create a shorter reply signature to stop email conversations becoming flooded. Remember that the content of the message is still the most important aspect of an email. You don’t want to bombard recipients with TOO much Christmas content!
- Revisit and revise your Christmas email signature over the season. Even if the design works one day, it doesn’t mean it will throughout the whole festive season. Always look to make improvements.
- Design a Christmas signature for different departments. Give your sales team a template that promotes a special offer or promotion. Give your customer service team a signature with your Christmas opening hours. Think about how each department can make the most out of the email signature channel.
- Remember to still keep up with changes in your company. The world doesn’t stop just because it’s Christmas. Employees will still come and go, job titles will still change, qualifications will still need to be added, and awards will still be won.
- Use Exclaimer for email signature management. You can then easily design and centrally control Christmas signatures for everyone in your company. Whether you’re on Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365), G Suite or Exchange, we’ve got a solution that will work for your business.
How Exclaimer Can Help:
If you're looking for an easy way to design and manage professional email signatures across your whole organization, we're here to help. Find out more or start your free trial today!
Learn More Start your Free Trial