Using Email Signature Quotes
Email signature quotes are only ever effective if they are in line with your company’s values and/or representative of your brand. The main example would be if your business has a tagline/slogan that is an intrinsic part of your brand identity.
Here are some examples of popular mottos/taglines used by well-known businesses:
- Nike: “Just Do it”
- McDonald’s: “I’m lovin’ it”
- L’Oreal: “Because you’re worth it”
- Tesco: “Every Little Helps”
- Apple: “Think Different.”
- Maybelline: “Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline.”
- BMW: “Designed for Driving Pleasure.”
- Subway: “Eat Fresh”
- Coca-Cola: “Open happiness”
- KitKat: “Have a break. Have a KitKat.”
As these taglines play a large part in the identity of these companies, it is more than appropriate for them to be included in their corporate email signatures.
Letting Employees Add Their Own Email Signature Quotes
In our view, it is best to avoid letting individual employees add their own quotes in email signatures. These quotes are usually intended to be inspirational, but are not always perceived that way by those who see it.
Using inspirational quotes in email signatures with no business context may give off the wrong impression. The recipient may not agree with the quote and this could have an effect on their response to you. It could even affect your brand reputation.
An inspirational quote isn’t the only thing you should probably leave out of your email signature. Find out what else in this article.
Using Email Signature Quotes in Personal Emails
Even though we don’t recommend using quotes in professional email signatures, we understand that they do have their place in more informal email communications. That’s why we’ve compiled the following list for use in your personal emails.
20 Inspirational Quotes from Historical Figures
- “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” Albert Einstein
- “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” Dalai Lama
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” Dr Martin Luther King Jr.
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” Booker T. Washington
- "Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill
- “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” Thomas Jefferson
- “Time is money.” Benjamin Franklin
- “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” Socrates
- “Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes.” Benjamin Disraeli
- “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.“ Alexander Graham Bell
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” T.S.Elliot
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” Robert Louis Stevenson
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” Maya Angelou
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” Ronald Reagan
- “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” Stephen Hawking
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” Lyndon B. Johnson
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” Pablo Picasso
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” Aristotle
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” Theodore Roosevelt
20 Inspirational Quotes from Famous Businesspeople
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” Estée Lauder
- “Always deliver more than expected.” Larry Page
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” Henry Ford
- “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” Anthony Volodkin
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” Bill Gates
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” Paulo Coelho
- “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” Josh James
- “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” Reid Hoffman
- “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” Paul Rand
- “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” Steve Jobs
- “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” Joel Spolsky
- “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” Bob Parsons
- “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” Jason Cohen
- “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” Peter Drucker
- “The first one gets the oyster, the second gets the shell.” Andrew Carnegie
- “A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all.” Michael LeBoeuf
- “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.” B. C. Forbes
- “If you don’t understand the details of your business you are going to fail.” Jeff Bezos
- “Great companies are built on great products.” Elon Musk
How Exclaimer Can Help:
If you're looking for an easy way to design and manage professional email signatures across your whole organization, we're here to help. Find out more or start your free trial today!
Learn More Start your Free Trial