How to Create Email Signatures for Macs
If you have Mac users within your organization, you’ll want to ensure they utilize high-quality email signatures when sending from Apple Mail (also known as Mac Mail).
It is possible to create multiple Mac signatures for use in Apple Mail that can then be used in corporate email communications.
Read our step-by-step guide on how to create email signatures for Macs.
- Go to the home page on your Mac. Select the Mail icon from the heading to open Apple Mail.
- Click on Preferences. When the new window opens, choose Signatures.
In the column on the left, you will see a list of email accounts linked to Apple Mail.
Select the account you want your email signature to be used for.
If you select All Signatures when creating a signature, you will need to drag the new signature to an email account before it can be used.
- Click the Plus (+) icon.
- Type a name for the signature in the middle column. We recommend using a name that you can easily identify.
- Start building your Mac signature in the right column (the preview). This is where you create, format, and preview your email signature design.
- To add an image like your company logo, download the file to your Mac first. Then, drag the image into the preview section and resize it as needed.
To change the font type and color in your signature, highlight the text you want to update.
Then, click on Format at the top of the screen.
Show Fonts gives you all the fonts you can use, while Show Colors highlights the colors available.
- To add a hyperlink, click on the Edit option from the heading. Use the Add link function to link a URL to a specific word/s highlighted within your signature.
- If you want your signature to appear after any text in emails you reply to or forward, deselect the tickbox named “Place signature above quoted text”. This can be found in the Preference window.
- Once you have completed your signature, close the window you have been working in. All changes will be saved automatically.
- When you compose a message in Apple Mail, the option to choose your new Mac email signature will appear beside the sender information bar.
Note: If you want to create a professional Mac signature quickly, we recommend you use this free email signature generator. You’ll then be able to paste the design directly into your Mac client.
To automatically add your signature to emails sent from your Mac, carry out the following actions:
Choose Mail > Preferences > Signatures.
Select the appropriate email account in the left column.
Click the Choose Signature option in the pop-up menu.
- Choose the signature you wish to use (if you have created more than one).
Creating email signatures for Macs is not actually that difficult when it’s just for one user. If you have multiple Mac users, it becomes more difficult to ensure that everyone is using a consistent design.
All employees will need to use the same signature template, and that becomes difficult to manage when you rely on each staff member to manually update their signature themselves. You may then have to rely on your IT department to either visit every user’s desk or try to implement some complex workaround that is not guaranteed to function correctly. You may also find that any images used in your Mac signature will appear as attachments in a recipient’s inbox as they will have been embedded in the design. This small task then becomes much more difficult to overcome; one that requires a third-party tool to manage effectively.
By using an email signature management solution, you’ll not only be able to centrally manage all users’ Mac signatures with ease, but also ensure that they are consistent across any web-enabled device.
How Exclaimer Can Help:
If you're looking for an easy way to design and manage professional email signatures across your whole organization, we're here to help. Find out more or start your free trial today!
Learn More Start your Free Trial