Before you install the Exclaimer Transport Agent, please ensure you have:
Azure Active Directory configured and synchronized to your local AD
Exchange 2019 CU1 and up, Exchange 2016 CU11 and up, or Exchange 2013 CU21 and up
Windows Server 2012 and up
Powershell 4 and .Net Framework 4.7.2. installed
Domain Administrator account
Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Exchange is the premier cloud service for centrally managing Exchange signatures. It provides the same benefits as our server-based email signature software, but works exclusively within the Microsoft cloud environment. The product architecture uses revolutionary technology that truly makes it the next generation of email signature management services.
- Exclaimer Cloud has been awarded ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification for Information Security Management.
- Exchange signatures are applied to emails sent on all devices, including Mac and mobiles, and all mail clients.
- 12 regional Azure datacenter locations worldwide.
- Datacenter failover if issue occurs at a Microsoft Azure regional datacenter.
- Comprehensive security including 2-factor authorization and 24/7 monitoring service.
- Straightforward Exchange connector and Transport Rules setup.
- Sync all Azure AD attributes, including those in your local AD, to use in signatures.
- See which signature will apply for a certain user and why it was applied with the signature rules tester.
- Supports Microsoft single sign-on (SSO).
- Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Exchange uses an Exchange Transport Agent that is installed on your Exchange server. This acts as a “gateway“ to the Exclaimer Cloud email signature service, allowing signatures to be imprinted on your mail.
- Once you signup, the latest version of the Exchange Transport Agent can be downloaded via the Exclaimer Cloud portal with the necessary API keys.
- The Exchange Transport Agent will log key events to the Windows Event Viewer, providing transparency and control over all email signature activity.
“Building an email signature management service to work in the Cloud brings numerous challenges.”
Learn more about what went into creating our Exchange signature service, and how over 20 years of experience put us in the perfect position to create this next-generation solution.
Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) is used as an example for illustrative purposes only.
How it works
Exclaimer Cloud is extremely flexible, providing multiple setup options depending on your particular needs.
- Server-side only configuration: Mail flow is configured through connectors to go from Exchange to Exclaimer's regional Azure servers. The signature is added and then passed back to Exchange for sending. Signatures are applied when sent from any device, including mobile and Mac.
- Client-side only configuration: With this setup, mail flow does not pass through Microsoft Azure. An agent is installed locally which deploys signatures created in Exclaimer Cloud to your users' Outlook client, whether they are using a PC or Mac. Your users will then have the option to choose from a set of signatures whilst composing an email.
- Client and server-side (the best of both worlds): Email signatures are deployed to Outlook, and emails are also passed through Azure. This means your users' still have the option to choose their signature when composing an email on a PC or Mac, and they'll also get signatures stamped on emails sent from mobile devices and Macs.
Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Exchange is hosted within regional Microsoft Azure datacenters across the world. This provides users with operational excellence, a trustworthy online experience and outstanding reliability.
With many public sector and government organizations globally demanding that their data stays exclusively within their region/country of origin, Exclaimer is ideally placed to meet your Exchange signature management requirements.
The use of multiple regional datacenters also ensures the highest levels of availability for the Exclaimer Cloud service at all times.
Our cloud environment
- The Exclaimer Azure setup uses load balancing to provide a single network service from our regional Azure servers. If one of these regional Azure servers were to cease operating, traffic is instantly redirected to a backup datacenter to ensure continuity of service.
- Measures are in place to ensure that the service scales with increased number of tenants, maintaining reliability and uptime. All inbound connections are secured through SSL Certificates and TLS, which are constantly checked to meet current cloud standards.
- Our 24/7/365 monitoring services automatically detect any service alerts, which are configured with escalation chains. The Exclaimer Cloud Service Health page provides key details on the service and we provide real-time alerts for all subscribers. You can even sign up to receive notifications via email and SMS should you wish.
- Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Exchange uses state-of-the-art tools and technologies to ensure all aspects of the service are readily available. The service is situated in load balanced environments for reliability and scalability purposes. Network and application traffic is therefore distributed across a number of different servers.
Exclaimer Cloud & the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification
Exclaimer Cloud was awarded the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification for Information Security Management in 2016. The ISO/IEC 27001 Certification is specifically focused on the development and supply of our cloud-hosted signature management service. It measures how our internal processes follow the ISO standard. Certification means a third party accredited independent auditor has performed a thorough assessment of Exclaimer Cloud and has confirmed it is operating in alignment with the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification standard. This makes it one of the most secure Exchange signature solutions available.
For more details on the wide-ranging security measures used by our cloud service, please contact a member of the Exclaimer Sales Team.
Your new email signature experience is just a few clicks away. Start your free trial of Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Exchange today.
Start your free trial
Design email signatures using an intuitive Exchange signature editor tool or choose from a library of professional signature templates, giving them to individuals and groups/department. All of the data is taken from your Active Directory, so it will be 100% accurate, and you can easily manage additional email signature elements such as social media icons, promotional banners and legal disclaimers. You are also able to update any signature element and apply the changes in real time.
Users send emails via Exchange from any Internet-enabled device like a PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet.
Each email sent passes from Exchange and is routed to one of Exclaimer’s regional Azure servers using a start point connector set up in Exchange. This is a standard Microsoft Exchange protocol for configuring mail flow. Our Azure setup is designed to provide a high-availability, load balanced service. As the servers are based around the world, the service stays within Microsoft datacenters that are local to you. This guarantees that no email ever leaves the Microsoft Cloud infrastructure.
Exclaimer Cloud sees the incoming messages, imprints the appropriate signature on every email and passes them back to Exchange for sending. It does not send emails out on your behalf as this is still done by Exchange. All data is securely managed according to the standards of the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification.
With the signature/s added, the emails are passed back to Exchange via an end point connector that has been set up in Exchange. Signatures will only be added to an email once due to a secured closed loop process between Exchange and the Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
The emails go out as normal, but now have a high-quality signature appended to them. A signature has essentially been ‘stamped’ onto each email. Users will also be able to see Exchange signatures in their Sent Items folder thanks to the most scalable and secure signature technology available.
Design email signatures with the Exclaimer Cloud drag-and-drop signature editor. Create multiple signatures and assign them to individual users, groups/departments or even assign a signature based on contact details such as a job title.
The email signatures will then be automatically downloaded to networked users’ Outlook client via an agent (no add-in required).
When a user begins composing an email in Outlook, the email signature will appear in the email with pre-populated contact details taken from your organization’s Active Directory. If more than one email signature applies to a user, they’ll be able to choose one from the drop-down menu in Outlook.