How to Create an Email Signature in Windows 10 Mail App
Présenté par Exclaimer
The Windows 10 Mail App is an email service that comes pre-installed with every version of Windows 10. Even though it is a standalone app and is not as popular as Microsoft Outlook, it does make writing and sending emails very easy. It also comes as a part of a double Windows 10 app called Mail and Calendar in the Microsoft Store.
As with mobile email clients, the Windows 10 Mail App automatically includes a plain text email signature at the end of each message you send. If you want to remove the standard « Sent from Mail for Windows 10 » from your emails, you can either turn the signature feature off or replace it with personalized contact information.
N.B. The following guide also applies to Windows 11 Mail App, which was released in October 2021.
Add an email signature to Windows 10 Mail App
1. Launch the Windows 10 Mail App through a web browser on your PC.
2. Click the Settings (gear icon) at the bottom left menu.
3. Select the Signatures option in the right-hand pane.
4. You are now in the signature editor of the Windows 10 Mail App. From here, select the email account you want to apply your signature to. Alternatively, click the « Apply to all accounts » checkbox to apply your email signature to all email accounts in your Windows 10 Mail App.
5. Make sure the « Use an email signature » option is set to On.
6. The signature editor itself has very basic editing options. This allows you to create a text-based email signature in Windows 10 Mail App. This would include your full name, job title, company name, email address, and telephone number. You could also have elements such as an email disclaimer or quote.
7. If you have created an email signature with HTML code, you can paste this directly into the signature editor (using CTRL + V on your keyboard).
8. When you’re happy with your email signature, click Save.
You have now created an email signature in Windows 10 Mail App. It is best to send yourself a test email to see how the signatures appear. This is particularly important if you have used HTML in your design.
Managing email signatures in Windows 10 Mail App companywide
This guide has proved that creating a signature in Windows 10 Mail App is straightforward. However, if you want to ensure that everyone within your company uses the same email signature template, it is not possible to rely on every user to do this themselves.
Most employees probably know their contact information and can fill it in easily enough. However, companies will want to use a professional email signature template that accurately reflects every other piece of branded content.
To guarantee that every user has an HTML email signature included on every message they send, you need to do one of the following:
1. Have I.T. copy-and-paste a template into each user’s Windows 10 Mail App and Outlook client one at a time (not possible when employees are working remotely or in hybrid environments).
2. Implement complicated Transport Rule within Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) to add signatures after an email is sent (too many issues will occur, such as signatures not rendering correctly and designs not appearing on mobile devices).
3. Choosing an email signature management solution that automates the process of including email signatures in Windows 10 Mail App and Outlook 365 (saves you hours and allows for signatures to be used for targeted marketing purposes).
Using Exclaimer for email signatures in Windows 10 Mail App
Exclaimer offers the perfect avenue to take control of professional email signatures for all users within your organization. With our email signature software, you can ensure that everyone has a consistent signature template when sending email from any device, including from Windows 10 Mail App.
Prêt à commencer ?
Exclaimer transforme les e-mails de tous les jours en une plateforme à forte valeur ajoutée pour générer des ventes et renforcer la relation client.
Commencez dès aujourd'hui un essai gratuit de 14 jours (aucune information de votre carte de crédit n'est requise !) ou réservez une démonstration avec l'un de nos spécialistes produit pour en savoir plus.
En savoir plus grâce à notre documentation
Le passage au travail hybride présente un certain nombre de défis pour les organisations. Découvrez comment vous assurer que la gestion des signatures mails n’en fasse pas partie.En savior plus >