Exclaimer is the global leader in business email signature management solutions. We provide multi-award-winning email signature solutions to over 75 million users worldwide, applying tens of millions of email signatures daily.
We are looking for great engineers to join the team responsible for the flagship Exclaimer Cloud SaaS solution, utilizing the latest technologies to expand the product’s functionality and evolve the technical platform.
Working in one of our scrum teams, you are given the technical freedom to identify and deliver high quality solutions to customer problems, whilst being supported by industry leading tooling and quality review processes.
Inside our technology focused culture, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities, while expanding your knowledge and skill set in a supportive environment.
You will be encouraged to expand your knowledge, through access to training, encouragement to attend events and every six sprints you get a week of company time to cut loose and explore new areas of technology.
If this sounds like the place for you, come and join us at Exclaimer and play your part in the latest chapter of our 21-year history.
Your New Role
Implementation of high quality, testable peer reviewed solutions against customer focused acceptance criteria, this includes:
- Design and develop software for the end-to-end testing lifecycle, including tools, frameworks and automated tests.
- Actively seek to improve the performance, code quality and architecture of the solution.
- Improving test methodology and range of testing performed.
- Applying your specialist technical knowledge to create/modify solutions.
- Taking on work in new areas / using new technologies.
Proactive participation in the Scrum process including:
- Active participation in, and contribution to, all scrum ceremonies to help shape the direction of the product with our dedicated Product Owner.
- Help the team evolve their working practices, supporting other team members and mentoring more junior engineers.
Delivering key outputs:
- Stories completed in accordance with the defined acceptance criteria
- Quality, tested, functional and releasable software.
- Up-to-date, accurate and useful documentation.
- Consistent delivery of the sprint goal in line with team responsibilities.
Working with the latest technologies:
- Docker, Kubernetes, .Net Core, Microservices
- C# 9
- Unit testing using NUnit, Moq,and NCrunch
- Microsoft Azure (Storage, AKS, SQL, Service Fabric, VMs, Functions and more)
- Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio Code, SonarCloud, WhiteSource, Azure DevOps, Datadog and Git
What you'll need to succeed
To flourish as an Engineer at Exclaimer you will have:
- A desire to work in a technology focused role, testing software that solves problems for millions of users every day.
- Be able to take a problem, assess possible solutions and create clean, robust, well tested solutions.
- The ability to explain concepts and ideas, articulate an intended design and be able to communicate the pros and cons of a given solution.
- Be willing and able to move into new areas and understand new technologies.
- A pragmatic approach to development activity, and the ability to understand the balance of effort against any potential gains.
How we help you to succeed
To help the development team succeed at Exclaimer we:
- Work in small focused scrum teams, with dedicated scrum master and product owner.
- Have a flat team structure and reduced meeting overheads and allow you to focus on the technical aspects of the role.
- Provide access to training through online training providers, in-person training courses, and attendance at events, including taking part in Microsoft hacks.
- Every 12 weeks you get a week of company time to learn new skills and explore new technologies.
- Give you access to industry leading tooling and the ability to suggest and bring in new tooling.
- Providing flexible working arrangements to suit your needs. Typically, this means you are in the office 1-2 days per week for team collaboration, and free to work remotely or in the office the rest of the time.
Your Skills & Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics (or similar) or equivalent experience.
- C# / .Net / .Net Core with 3+ years’ experience creating automated tests and test tools.
- Clear verbal communicator with the ability to effectively participate in team discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Creating automated test frameworks for Behaviour Driven tests using SpecFlow for:
- Frontend using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Backend Service (via RESTful APIs and Queues)
- Creating test cases for new and existing functionality.
- Deploying and managing test environments.
- Working knowledge of performance test tools (such as JMeter, WebSurge or Locust)
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Knowledge and experience of rapid deployment of functionality developed using CI/CD.
- QA background
- Scripting using PowerShell and Bash.
- Unit Testing Frameworks (such as Moq, NUint)
- Experience creating Infrastructure as code (such as Terraform / ARM Templates)
- Performing security and penetration testing
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Azure DevOps
- Experience creating bespoke test tools (Performance, Load and Error cases)
- Dependency Injection
- Scripting using PowerShell and Bash.
- Knowledge of SMTP / Exchange
- Source control using Git.
- Experience working on complex bespoke solutions.