How to Create & Add a Signature in Yahoo Mail
Brought to you by Exclaimer
Yahoo Mail continues to be one of the most widely used email clients worldwide. With approximately 227.8 million active users as of 2022, Yahoo Mail has been a mainstay of personal and business emails since its launch in 1997.
No matter what type of user you are, it is best practice to create and add a signature in Yahoo Mail to accurately provide your contact details to external recipients. Including a Yahoo email signature is a great way to humanize your messages and tell people how to contact you quickly. This personalized signature template will appear at the bottom of every email you send.
For business communications, look to include the following details:
- Full name
- Job title
- Phone number
- Company name
Yahoo Mail does not apply signatures by default. This means you need to activate the feature within the email client itself. This can be done by either logging into Yahoo Mail on a desktop or the Yahoo Mail mobile app.
How to add a signature in Yahoo Mail on a desktop
1. Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account from a web browser (via yahoo.com).
2. Select Settings in the top right corner of the screen.
3. From the dropdown, click More Settings.
4. Select Mailboxes.
5. From the mailbox list, choose the email address you want the Yahoo signature to be applied to.
6. Scroll down to the Signature box. This will likely be greyed out, so click the Signature toggle switch to activate the signature editor.
7. In the signature section where it says, “Write something…” add your signature content. When you add a signature in Yahoo Mail, think about the text, formatting, and imagery. The tools available will let you create a basic professional email signature template.
It would be best if you also considered including links to specific calls-to-action (CTAs) to make your Yahoo signature offer more to recipients. Links to your website and important content will help drive more valuable conversations.
You will need to use a third-party signature generator to include an image, such as a social media icon, in your Yahoo email signature. You cannot natively use HTML images when adding a signature in Yahoo Mail.
8. When you’re having with your Yahoo Mail signature, click Save.
How to add a signature in the Yahoo Mail mobile app
1. Open the Yahoo Mail app.
2. In the top left, tap on your profile icon.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Scroll down to the General section and click Signatures.
5. Ensure the “Include signature in new messages” option is activated to start creating your signature in Yahoo Mail.
6. The text box will show a standard Yahoo email signature such as “Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android” or “Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone.” Delete this text.
7. Input the text you want to include at the end of your Yahoo emails. You can only have plain text with no imagery.
8. When complete, tap the back arrow in the top left of your screen to save your new Yahoo signature.
And that’s it. You’ve now easily created a Yahoo email signature. This will improve the quality of the emails you send from Yahoo Mail.
Ready to get started?
Exclaimer transforms everyday emails into a valuable platform to drive sales and build stronger relationships.
Start a free 14-day trial today (no credit card information required!) or book a demo with one of our product specialists to find out more.
Learn more with our range of resources
Making the move to hybrid working serves up a number of challenges for organizations. Find out how to make sure email signature management isn’t one of them.Read More >