How to Create Effective Email Signatures for Macs (12 Easy Steps)
Brought to you by Exclaimer
If you have Mac users within your organization, you’ll want to ensure they utilize high-quality email signatures in Apple Mail (also known as Mac Mail). It is also possible to create multiple email signatures for Mac users in Apple Mail that can then be used in corporate email communications.
Read our step-by-step guide on how to create email signatures for Macs.
1. Go to the home page on your Mac. Select the Mail icon from the heading to open Apple Mail.
2. Click on Preferences. When the new window opens, choose Signatures.
3. In the column on the left, you will see a list of email accounts linked to Apple Mail. Select the account you want your email signature to be used for. If you select All Signatures when creating a Mac email signature, you will need to drag the new signature to an email account before it can be used.
4. Click the Plus (+) icon.
5. Type a name for the Mac signature in the middle column. We recommend using a name that you can easily identify.
6. Start building your Mac signature in the right column (the preview). This is where you create, format, and preview your email signature design.
7. To add an image like your company logo, download the file to your Mac first. Then, drag the image into the preview section and resize it as needed.
8. To change the font type and color in your signature, highlight the text you want to update. Then, click on Format at the top of the screen. Show Fonts gives you all the fonts you can use, while Show Colors highlights the colors available.
9. To add a hyperlink, click on the Edit option from the heading. Use the Add link function to link a URL to a specific word/s highlighted within your signature.
10. If you want your Mac email signature to appear after any text in emails you reply to or forward, deselect the tickbox named “Place signature above quoted text”. This can be found in the Preference window.
11. Once you have completed your email signature for Mac, close the window you have been working in. All changes will be saved automatically.
12. When you compose a message in Apple Mail, the option to choose your new Mac email signature will appear beside the sender information bar.
Add email signatures for Macs automatically
To automatically add your signature to emails sent from your Mac, carry out the following actions:
1. Choose Mail > Preferences > Signatures.
2. Select the appropriate email account in the left column.
3. Click the Choose Signature option in the pop-up menu.
4. Choose the signature you wish to use (if you have created more than one).
Creating email signatures for Macs is not actually that difficult when it’s just for one user. If you have multiple Mac users, it becomes more difficult to ensure that everyone is using a consistent design.
Managing Mac email signatures
All employees will need to use the same Mac signature template. This becomes difficult to manage when you rely on each staff member to manually update their signature themselves.
You may then have to rely on your IT department. They will either must visit every user’s desk or try to implement some complex workaround with HTML code. Neither of these are guaranteed to function correctly. You may also find that any images used in your Mac signature will appear as attachments in a recipient’s inbox. This is because they will have been embedded in the design.
This small task then becomes much more difficult to overcome; one that requires a third-party tool to manage effectively.
By using an email signature management solution, you’ll not only be able to centrally manage all email signatures for Macs with ease. You’ll also ensure that you have HTML signatures consistently across any email client and web-enabled device.
Ready to get started?
Exclaimer transforms everyday emails into a valuable platform to drive sales and build stronger relationships.
Start a free 14-day trial today (no credit card information required!) or book a demo with one of our product specialists to find out more.
Learn more with our range of resources
Making the move to hybrid working serves up a number of challenges for organizations. Find out how to make sure email signature management isn’t one of them.Read More >