How to Create an HTML iPhone Email Signature
Brought to you by Exclaimer
If you own an iOS device, you will be familiar with the standard iPhone email signature ‘Sent from my iPhone‘. This is fine if you send outgoing emails to friends, but it does not look professional in business communications.
How to add a signature on iPhone
Changing the existing signature line in your email account is very straightforward:
1. On the iPhone, open Settings in the mail app.
2. Swipe down and choose Mail.
3. Swipe down and tap Signature.
4. Type your new signature text (this can be done for all accounts or on a per-account basis).
5. Select Mail.
This new iPhone signature will now be added to every new email you create. You should include your full name, job title, company name, phone number, and email address.
How to add an image to your iPhone email signature
To make your iPhone email signature look more professional, it should incorporate text, imagery, and dynamic HTML content. To find out how to add an image to your iPhone email signature, follow these instructions:
Note: This will work if you use an iPhone or an iPad.
1. Create your default signature in an email client that supports HTML, e.g., Outlook or Gmail. Ensure you add content such as your logo, social media icons, and legal disclaimer.
2. Send a blank message with the new HTML signature to your iPhone.
3. Open the email on your iPhone. Find a part of the signature text that is not a web or email link. Press and hold this text.
4. The context menu will appear over the text—Tap Select All, then Copy.
5. Go into the iPhone email signature editor to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Signature.
6. Delete any text, tap and hold the screen until the context menu appears, and select Paste to copy the signature.
7. The new email signature will now appear in the editor. The original formatting will have been lost and will appear slightly altered. This is normal, so don’t panic!
iOS automatically adds its own coding to the HTML source of the email signature. You must shake your iPhone to trigger the Undo Change Attributes context menu and select Undo.
8. Go into the iPhone email app to see your new HTML email signature in all its glory. You’ll want to test it thoroughly before sending out any emails to other recipients.
Centrally managing iPhone email signatures
This process only works for one mobile device at a time. You will find it much more challenging to get everyone to create and maintain a consistent organizational iPhone email signature.
Also, your iPhone email signature images (and other formatting elements) will most likely not comply with your brand guidelines. This could also lead to missed marketing and business opportunities.
With Exclaimer’s email signature solutions, all iPhones will get HTML email signatures every time. This maintains your professional image and brand consistency.
Ready to get started?
Exclaimer transforms everyday emails into a valuable platform to drive sales and build stronger relationships.
Start a free 14-day trial today (no credit card information required!) or book a demo with one of our product specialists to find out more.
Learn more with our range of resources
The Untapped Potential of Corporate Emails
Think email signatures are just a way to display contact details? Think again! Discover the full potential of your corporate email signatures in our white paper.Read More >
The Importance of Email Signature Management for Hybrid Workers
Making the move to hybrid working serves up a number of challenges for organizations. Find out how to make sure email signature management isn’t one of them.Read More >
The Top 10 Email Signature Management Headaches
Find out how to cure the headache of email signature management for IT teams – for good!Read More >